Undergraduate students are required to follow and maintain all student responsibilities in order to remain in the program.
Freshman admissions, for students with no previous college credit, must apply through Texas A&M's Office of Admissions.
To apply please click here.
Effective immediately, the Department of Teaching, Learning and Culture (TLAC) Undergraduate Advising Office has the following change of curriculum policy:
Students must submit a change of major application for degrees in Teaching, Learning, & Culture to get certified for Early Childhood through 6th grade (Generalist), 4th-8th Math/Science, or 4th-8th Language Arts/Social Studies.
Note: Applicants are reviewed by committee and admitted on a competitive basis. Meeting the minimum requirements listed does not guarantee admission.
The deadlines to submit a change of major application will be:
- Spring semester - opens September 10th, closes October 10th
- Summer/Fall – opens February 10th, closes March 10
- Fall – opens May 10th, closes June 10th
*If any of the above dates fall on a weekend the deadline will be the following Monday*
Students will be required to change their major the same semester they applied or reapply the next semester to change their major. Prospective change of major students must meet the minimum change of major requirements detailed below at the time of application. Students who meet the minimum change of major requirements will be notified via email a couple of weeks after the deadline closes to complete a form necessary to change your major.
1.For U1 students, 0–29 hours, a required 2.50 GPR, (CoC) to Lower-level (EDIS)
2. For students 30–59 hours, a 2.75 GPR with committee approval, (CoC) to Lower-Level (EDIS)
3. A 2.75 GPR, completion of MATH 141 & MATH 142, 8 hours of lab science, ENGL 104 and TEFB 273 are required for all students to enter Upper level (INST/Professional Phase). Students must maintain a 2.75 cumulative GPR to receive their degree and Teacher Certification
Transfer applicants must follow all Texas A&M transfer requirements. For more information about transferring into TLAC, contact Casey Ricketts at 979-862-7167 or email@example.com or contact Lauren Kelley at 979-845-4690 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Readmits must follow all Texas A&M readmit requirements.
Once admitted into a program, students must apply to upper level in order to complete the program. Meeting these criteria does not automatically guarantee acceptance into Teacher Education. Each semester the most competitive will be granted spaces.
- 45 hours of completed coursework on the degree program with a minimum of a 2.75 GPR at Texas A&M University
- Completion of ENGL 104 and either TEFB 273 or INST 310
- Completion of MATH 141 & 142 or their equivalents
- Completion of 8 hours of science credit (2 lab sciences)