Reads & Counts Qualifications
Do you qualify to be a tutor?
We are looking for self motivated people to tutor kindergarten to fifth grade students in reading and math. Experience working with children is preferred.
Before applying, please check to make sure you meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be awarded $2500 in work study funds
(please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions regarding your financial aid)
- **Very important: when e-mailing financial aid about obtaining work study for a Reads and Counts position, you MUST put “Tutor Work Study Inquiry” in the subject line of your email. Although there is a waiting list for many work study positions, students that are hired as a Reads and Counts tutor will be taken off the waiting list and awarded work study for R&C. All we need is a forwarded email from the financial aid office stating that you do qualify and are on the waitlist to qualify for an interview.**
- If you have received a letter from the Financial Aid Office recently stating that they have taken your work study award away because you are not employed, they will re-award your work study IF hired by our office (as long as you still qualify). Again, just send us some type of correspondence from the Financial Aid Office or a copy of the letter from the Financial Aid Office proving that you DO qualify for financial aid.
- You must provide your full name and UIN in the body of the email when emailing email@example.com.
We will send a list of all of our new hires to the Financial Aid Office and they will award work study to the students who qualify.
- Two semester commitment is required
- A vehicle is required
- Ability to work a minimum of six hours per week is required
- Hours of operation: Monday-Thursday 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. (elementary school placement) OR some after school placements are available Monday - Thursday 3 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Occasional evening meetings required
- All majors are encouraged to apply