M.Ed. and M.S. Admission Requirements
Application Submission Deadlines
- Fall 2018: March 1, 2018
- Spring 2019: October 1, 2018
- Spring 2019: August 1, 2018
- Fall 2018: January 1, 2018
Please be aware that all documents (ApplyTexas, submission of the three required essays, official transcripts, three letters of recommendation, official TOEFL/IELTS scores for international students) must be received by the deadline. The major to select within the ApplyTexas is “Curriculum and Instruction.”
Additional departmental requirements are listed below under “TLAC Departmental Admissions.”
Graduate Certification Cohort Summer 2018: Dec. 1, 2017
Online STEM Cohort Summer 2018: March 1, 2018
Texas A&M Graduate Admissions
If you are currently an undergraduate student at Texas A&M University, please contact our office at 979-862-8032 for information on applying to the Department of Teaching, Learning and Culture (TLAC) department.
The GRE is not required when applying to Masters programs
- Completed Application: A completed ApplyTexas application. Apply online at www.applytexas.org. The name on your application must match your name as it appears in your passport. The major is Curriculum and Instruction. You should also select the area of emphasis you would like to study as applicable.
Application Fee: A non-refundable $65 fee for domestic and $90 application fee for international applicants is required. The application fee may be paid by check, money order or approved credit card. Applicants who wish to pay by credit card may do so as part of the online application. If you are unable to pay the fee online, you may call the Graduate Admissions Office at 979-845-1060.
- Official Transcripts and Records: Submit official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended. NOTE: You do not need to submit an official transcript from Texas A&M University. For information on submitting official transcripts to Texas A&M University, please visit their website. Official Transcripts and Records must be sent to:
Graduate Admissions Processing
Office of Admissions
Texas A&M University
P.O. Box 40001
College Station, TX 77842-4001
- TOEFL Scores (international applicants only): Test scores must be sent directly from the testing agency to be considered official. The institutional code for Texas A&M University for the TOEFL is 6003 (no department codes needed).
TLAC Departmental Admissions
All applicants must upload the following items in the Texas A&M Applicant Information System (AIS) at https://applicant.tamu.edu/ for the application package to be considered by the review committee. Please note applicants will not have access to this system until after they have submitted their Apply Texas application and received a login and password.
Two essays uploaded in one document addressing following essay topics with appropriate APA formatting and citations. These essays must be submitted to the Applicant Information System portal. Essays sent separately will not be accepted.
Explain a critical problem and a possible solution in education related to teaching, learning or culture. (Sample problem areas: Teaching, learning, culture, administration, funding, policy, standards, technology, teacher preparation, student achievement, urban education, motivation, school violence, assessment, 21st Century Skills, subject area curriculum, tablet technology, social networking, international education, middle school and secondary education, etc.) 400-600 words.
- A.) Explain at least three behaviors or attributes that have contributed to your success as a student. Provide personal examples. B.) Explain two specific areas that you would like to improve during your graduate studies. (400-600 words total, for A and B.)
Three letters of recommendation should be submitted to the Applicant Information System (AIS) portal.
A minimum GPR of 2.75 is recommended for admission to the M.Ed. and M.S. programs.
Send department application materials to the Graduate Advising Office at 4232 TAMU, College Station, TX 77843-4232 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions regarding the on-campus M.Ed./M.S. applications, contact the Graduate Advising Office at (979) 862-8032 or email@example.com. For questions regarding the online M.Ed. applications, contact (979) 862-8122 or firstname.lastname@example.org.