Clinical Teaching Partnering School Districts
Current Texas school district partnerships:
This information is intended for Fall 2017 Clinical Teachers and is subject to change at any time. All school districts are fully accredited by the Texas Education Agency. Most districts accept K–12 placement requests. Texas School District Map Locator
Clinical teachers may not be placed on a campus with an immediate relative.
- Abilene area ~ Wylie
- Austin area ~ Del Valle, Dripping Springs, Elgin, Leander
- Dallas/Fort Worth area ~ Birdville, Burleson, Carroll, Carrollton-Farmers Branch, Coppell, Eagle Mountain-Saginaw, Ferris, Frisco, Grand Prairie, Irving, Lewisville, Mansfield, Mesquite, Prosper, Richardson, Wylie
- Houston area ~ Aldine, Alvin, Barbers Hill, Brazosport, Clear Creek, Columbia-Brazoria, Conroe, Cy-Fair, Dickinson, Galena Park, Galveston, Goose Creek, Houston, Huffman, Humble, Katy, KIPP Houston, Lamar, Montgomery, Pasadena, Pearland, Spring Branch, Tomball, Waller
- La Grange
- Little Cypress-Mauriceville
- Local area* ~ Anderson-Shiro, Bryan, Caldwell, College Station, Franklin, Iola, Mumford, Navasota, North Zulch
- North Lamar
- Pine Tree
- San Antonio area ~ Comal, La Vernia, Northside
- Tyler area ~ Whitehouse
- Waco area ~ Midway
*Starting Fall 2012, TLAC places local clinical teachers in outlying districts within 35 miles of the TAMU campus first. This guarantees clinical teachers will have a sustained experience working with diverse groups of students, which will in turn increase their marketability.
Interested clinical teachers will have an opportunity to receive more details in requesting a new district not listed above:
- District must be more than 35 miles from any current partnering district.
- District must sign a one year agreement and be willing to host any interested TLAC clinical teacher.
A TEA qualified supervisor must be hired and trained within the timeline set by the FIeld Experiences Office.
- Supervisors must have a current teaching certificate, a Master's Degree with at least 3 years teaching experience, and may not be a current district employee.
updated August 2017