The following must be completed and submitted to the TLAC Graduate office before the first day of summer classes:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, minimum overall GPR of 2.75
Following coursework (or its equivalent) completed, with a "C" or higher:
- TEED 302: Teaching/Learning Processes
- TEFB 322 Teaching and Schooling in the Modern Society
- TEFB 324 Teaching in Secondary School
- Teaching field plan, listing required and completed coursework in the teaching area of certification, signed by teaching field advisor
- TLAC Departmental Application for M.Ed.—Due Dec. 1
- Application for admission to Graduate Studies—Due Dec. 1
- Three letters of recommendation—Due Dec. 1
- Students who have met requirements 1 to 7 will be recommended for the Content area Texas Examination of Educator Standards (TExES). A passing score of 240 on the TExES content exam is strongly recommended before beginning the Graduate Certification Program and is required by school districts to hire a new teacher. Students are advised to take the TExES content exam on a January or February administration date.
Admissions materials may be mailed to:
TLAC Graduate Advising Office
College Station, TX 77843-4232
Students are required to contact the appropriate teaching field advisor to determine adequacy of their content area preparation. See a full list of advisors here.