Accelerate Online offers a non-traditional route to teacher certification. If you already hold a bachelor’s degree or are currently enrolled in your final semester of college coursework, we can help you become a teacher!
- Fully online, all the time – 24/7 access
- Affiliated with Texas A&M University
- Affordable payment plan
- Teacher certified in 12-18 months
Accelerate Online Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning
- College students may be considered in their final semester
- An overall GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale or a 2.75 GPA in the last 60 hours
- A 2.75 GPA in content-area coursework
- Passing score on a Pre-Admission Content Test (PACT)
- U. S. citizen or legal permanent resident
- Completed Criminal History check
If you graduated from a non-US college or university, you must:
- Submit foreign transcripts evaluated and translated by a TEA approved foreign credential service. The report should specifically state if you received the U. S. equivalent of a bachelor’s degree in your subject area and provide a detailed list of all coursework.
- Submit passing scores in all four sections (reading, writing, speaking, and listening) of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
To be exempted from the TOEFL testing requirement, a certification candidate must have earned an undergraduate or graduate degree from an institution of higher education in a country in which English is the official language. See the SBEC approved list of countries.
Degree: Teacher Certification Program
Program Delivery: Online