Teacher Certification for Texas A&M University Non-Education Majors
Join the profession that transforms all other professions. TEACH.
The aggieTEACH SEED Minor provides teacher certification for TAMU undergraduates interested in teaching middle or high school English, history, mathematics, science(s), social studies, dance or engineering. You will potentially begin teaching with full pay and benefits within just a few months of graduation.
The SEED Minor requires 18 credit hours plus one semester of clinical teaching in addition to completing the coursework in your major.
Minor Offered: Secondary Education (SEED Minor)
Target Audience: TAMU undergraduate non-education majors
- Minimum of 3 semesters remaining
- 12-15 certification credit hours
- 2.75 overall GPA in undergraduate coursework
- 2.5 minimum GPA in major-area content hours
If you’re interested in the aggieTEACH SEED Minor:
Step 1: Meet with your major Advisor to make sure your degree plan can accommodate the SEED Minor
Step 2: Email aggieTEACH staff to schedule a ZOOM or in-person appointment
- Dance, English, Galveston, History, MXET, Social Studies: email@example.com
- Mathematics, Science: firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 3: Submit the aggieTEACH application
A minimum of 12-15 certification area credit hours are required prior to applying.
- Chemistry 7-12 (15 hours required)
- Dance 6-12
- English Language Arts and Reading 4-8
- English Language Arts and Reading 7-12
- History 7-12
- Life Science 7-12 (15 hours required)
- Mathematics 7-12 (15 hours required)
- Mathematics/Physical Science/Engineering 6-12 (MXET majors only-15 hours required)
- Physical Science 7-12 (15 hours required)
- Physics/Mathematics 6-12 (15 hours required)
- Science 7-12 (15 hours required)
- Social Studies 7-12 (15 hours required)
aggieTEACH SEED Minor Coursework
aggieTEACH Math & Science
If you are interested in aggieTEACH Math & Science, reach out to Laura Wilding, Program Coordinator.