Undergraduate Peer Mentors in Technology
Undergraduate Peer Mentors in Technology (UPMTs) are pre-service teachers hand-selected by the program coordinator for their extraordinary technology skills. The UPMTs work to support their fellow undergraduates by providing training on various types of instructional technology, mentor peers in completing technology intensive projects for TLAC courses, and by assisting EDCI 365 courses in various ways.
They are available to assist students for help with instructional technology or technology-rich projects in the UPMT office, room 413 in Harrington Tower. We would encourage you to schedule an appointment with us, as this will help us prepare for your specific need.
Hours of Availability
Frequently Asked Questions
What technologies are available in the room?
- iMovie (Macs) / Movie Maker (PCs): Video production and editing
- Camtasia: Creating video tutorials and presentations directly via screencast
- Audacity: Digital audio editing and recording
- Adobe Cloud : which allows for a multitude of things:
o Photoshop: Image editing and compositing
o Illustrator: Vector graphics and illustration
o InDesign: Page design and layout for print and digital publishing
o Premiere Pro: Video production and editing
o Acrobat Pro: Create, edit, and sign PDF documents and forms
- MirrorOp: Mirroring personal laptop or smartphone screen to interactive panels
- STATA and SPSS: Statistics and Data Science
Interactive Panels (X7 & X9)
- Built in computer
- WePresent – collaboration, share multiple devices on one screen, audio and video support, polls, quizzes, remote and virtual learning
- SMART Online Learning Suite
- Basic Newline functionality
- Glass Boards
- Visual collaboration and problem solving
How do I schedule an appointment?
To be better able to address your needs, please follow the appointment request steps outlined below:
Click on the following appointment link https://goo.gl/yDm5Hr
- Click on an open appointment slot that meets your needs. If no slots are available, please try a different time range or email us at email@example.com with at least three times that are convenient for you and a brief outline of the assistance you are hoping to obtain
- When you are booking your appointment, be sure to fill out the description box with a brief statement/s on your specific needs
- To cancel an appointment, delete it from your calendar and opt to send cancellation emails to Google Calendar guests.