OUR ONLINE PROGRAMS ARE NOW RANKED TOP 10 NATIONALLY!
Graduate Programs, US News & World Report Online School Rankings
Curriculum & Instruction, US News & World Report Online School Rankings
For Veterans, College of Education & Human Development, US News & World Report Online School Rankings
Master's in Curriculum and Instruction
|Generalist Emphasis||Online (M.Ed.)||Oct. 1, 2019||NA
||Mar. 1, 2020|
|STEM Emphasis||Online (M.Ed.)||NA
||Mar. 1, 2020||NA|
|Reading and Literacy Emphasis||Traditional (M.Ed./M.S)
or Online (M.Ed.)
|Oct. 1, 2019||Mar. 1, 2020||Mar. 1, 2020|
|Graduate Teacher Certification Emphasis||Online (M.Ed.)||Oct. 1, 2019||Dec. 1, 2019||Mar. 1, 2020|
|Mathematics Education Emphasis||Traditional (M.Ed./M.S.)||Oct. 1, 2019||NA||Mar. 1, 2020|
|Science Education Emphasis||Traditional (M.Ed./M.S.)||Oct. 1, 2019||NA||Mar. 1, 2020|
|Multicultural Education Emphasis||Traditional (M.Ed./M.S.)||Oct. 1, 2019||NA||Mar. 1, 2020|
|Urban Education Emphasis||Online (M.Ed.)||Oct. 1, 2019||NA||Mar. 1, 2020|
International applicants must have a completed application on file by the following deadlines:
Master's in Curriculum and Instruction
|International Applications||All||Aug. 1, 2019||NA
||Jan. 1, 2020|
1. START YOUR APPLICATION
To apply to Texas A&M’s College of Education graduate degree program you must first apply online at www.ApplyTexas.org. The name on your application must match your name as it appears in your passport.
The major is “Curriculum and Instruction”. If you are choosing an online program, you must select the “Distance Education” option on the Apply Texas Website. Otherwise, you will not be coded as an online student.
A non-refundable $65 application fee for domestic applicants and $90 application fee for international applicants is required. The application fee may be paid by check, money order or approved credit card. Applicants who wish to pay by credit card may do so as part of the online application. If you are unable to pay the fee online, you may call the Graduate Admissions Office at 979-845-1060.
2. SUBMIT OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS AND RECORDS
Submit official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended. NOTE: You do not need to submit an official transcript from Texas A&M University. For more information on submitting official transcripts to Texas A&M University, click here to visit the admissions website and view the section titled ‘How to Submit Your Documents’.
3. SUBMIT OTHER REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
All applicants must upload the following items in the Texas A&M Applicant Information System for the application package to be considered by the review committee. Please note that applicants will not have access to this system until after they have submitted their Apply Texas application and received a login and password. Also, it will take Admissions at least 3 business days to issue a UIN once the ApplyTexas is submitted. Therefore, please plan to submit your ApplyTexas several days prior to the application deadline to allow enough time for you to access and upload required documents to the AIS.
- Two essays uploaded in one document addressing following essay topics with appropriate APA formatting and citations. These essays must be submitted to the Applicant Information System portal. Essays sent separately will not be accepted.
- Explain a critical problem and a possible solution in education related to teaching, learning or culture. (Sample problem areas: Teaching, learning, culture, administration, funding, policy, standards, technology, teacher preparation, student achievement, urban education, motivation, school violence, assessment, 21st Century Skills, subject area curriculum, tablet technology, social networking, international education, middle school and secondary education, etc.) 400-600 words.
- Explain at least three behaviors or attributes that have contributed to your success as a student. Provide personal examples. B.) Explain two specific areas that you would like to improve during your graduate studies. (400-600 words total, for A and B.)
Essay topics are included below for your planning purposes; however, final submissions must be included in the Applicant Information System (AIS) as one document to be considered. Emailed or mailed essays will not be accepted. You will also need to submit your vita, which includes your education, job experience, and any professional presentations, publications, grants, professional certifications/licenses held and participation in professional organizations. Essays must be written with appropriate APA formatting and citations.
- Successful applicants to this program indicate a reason matched to a need for earning this professional certificate. Explain your views regarding the match you see between your reason for wanting to earn your STEM Certificate and the need for earning one (1000 word limit)
- Successful applicants to this program come with a set of professional and educational experiences that “set the stage” for learning. OUR GOAL is that your learning in the certificate program will advance your own career goals and will contribute to the learning of your students and to peer faculty members at your school. Describe your professional and educational expertise that you bring with you to the STEM Certificate at Texas A&M University and your goals that you will have achieved when you are finished. (1000 word limit)
- In dealing with humans we all experience time commitment issues and barriers we need to recognize, plan for and address. Describe your barriers to participating in a certificate program where you will participate in two graduate level courses during the first summer and two courses during the fall semester and how you will overcome each. (1000 word limit)
- Three letters of recommendation should be submitted to the Applicant Information System (AIS) portal.
- A minimum GPR of 2.75 is recommended for admission to the M.Ed. and M.S. programs.
- Note: The GRE is not required when applying to Master’s programs.
- International Applicants must submit TOEFL or IELTS scores to the Admissions Office. Please see our International Graduate Applicants page for additional university requirements.
- Complete the Department Data Sheet in the AIS. You will need to select the emphasis area within the major of Curriculum and Instruction you wish to pursue. This is for internal coding purposes only, and the emphasis area is not reflected on diplomas or transcripts.
Once you have submitted all documents and your application is complete, you will be able to click on the “Confirmation Page” link. The link will not be active unless all required documents have been submitted.
For questions regarding the on-campus M.Ed./M.S. applications, contact the Graduate Advising Office at (979) 862-8032 or email@example.com. For questions regarding the online M.Ed. applications, contact (979) 862-8032 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
QUICK ADMIT TO GRADUATE SCHOOL (INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY)
In light of the current COVID-19 situation, we are offering current Aggies graduating in Spring or Summer 2020 an expedited application process for select graduate programs. This Quick Admissions process is only open to spring and summer TAMU graduates who want to continue their studies in one of our graduate degree programs being offered for this process. Please click on the “Quick Admit Application” to see which programs are being offered. If you do not see your preferred program offering expedited admission, we welcome you to apply during the normal admissions timeline, listed under “Admission Deadlines” above.
External applicants, or those that do not meet the criteria above, are welcome to apply to one of our graduate programs by their normal deadline, listed under “Admission Deadlines” above.
BENEFITS OF QUICK ADMISSION
- No application fees – Standard application fees are temporarily being waived.
- No GRE scores required – Standard requirements for GRE scores are temporarily being waived.
- Short application with fast review – Application process temporarily streamlined with a brief online form.
- Wish to pursue a master’s degree in the same department from which they are graduating will undergo an expedited review if they have a 3.25 GPA or higher.
- Have a 3.0 GPA or higher will undergo an expedited review based on their undergraduate transcript in Howdy.
Students may apply to graduate programs in majors other than their undergraduate major.
- Fall 2020 (Masters and Ph.D programs): due by 11:59 pm on June 15, 2020
- Spring 2021 (Masters programs only): due by 11:59 pm on October 1, 2020